Kale has become the biggest buzz word of all the superfoods. But, what can you really gain from eating it, and is it any better than spinach or other vegetables? Here’s the low-down on this leafy green.
Kale is Fantastic for Weight Loss
- Known as the queen of greens, kale’s full of fiber and antioxidants.
- Use it in place of lettuce, or add it to your morning smoothie, to get in a few weekly servings, and you can more easily shed the weight and keep it off.
- One cup of this leafy green contains 0 grams of fat, 5 grams of fiber and only 36 calories.
Kale is Full of Antioxidants
- It contains flavonoids and carotenoids that can allow your body to fight off cancer and other illnesses more productively.
- Boost your weakened immune system with a cup full of kale several times a week for optimal strength. Not only is it good in salad, but you can sauté it with olive oil and light seasoning for a healthy side dish.
Kale Will Help You Get Enough Calcium
Kale Helps Protect You from Various Cancers
- Kale is rich in anticancer compounds, and when digested regularly it has the ability to fight off deadly cancers, in particular colon cancer.
- Phytonutrients that kale gives you will help improve your eyesight and hearing, as well as combat cancer.
Kale Can Help Improve Your Liver Health
- Eat three serving of kale a week to improve your metabolism.
- Studies have shown that eating kale, which is also rich in sulfur, several times a week can help your body efficiently rid itself of toxins and chemicals.
Kale is High in Fiber
- Fiber can help improve your digestion. When you eat kale, you metabolize food optimally.
- The fiber in kale will keep you feeling fuller for a longer period of time, making it a fundamental contributor to your future weight loss.
Kale Works Well as Part of Any Meal
- A diverse green, it works well with sandwiches, salads, pasta, pizza and served with roasted vegetables as an appetizer or even main dish.
- Enjoy baked kale chips for a dose of anti-cancer fighting minerals that you can enjoy any time you need a simple snack.
Kale is Great in a Detoxifying Juice!
- Add a handful of kale to your apple, pineapple and spinach juice, and you’ll have an unstoppable brain boost to keep you going all day long.
- Mix kale along with spinach, carrots, ginger, apples and strawberries in a blender to feel instantly energized.
Kale is an Anti-Inflammatory Vegetable
- Works as the perfect food for anyone at risk for arthritis, allergies or asthma.
- Studies have shown that one cup of kale a day can help fight off autoimmune diseases and can aid in painful joint discomfort.
Kale Makes You Feel Good!
- It not only supports your body, but kale also has the power to boost your mood.
- Your digestive system, liver and kidney work like clockwork when you eat a cup of kale at least several times a week.
- Eat less, and slim down naturally when you incorporate kale into your diet.
The Bottom Line . . .
Kale is a food with real super powers. It allows you to achieve your weight-loss goals more easily and helps you fight off illness and cancer due to containing a ton of necessary nutrients. Eat kale at least three times a week, and become a stronger and healthier you!